Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Music: German, Italian and Chants!

Today as is usually the case I sit at my workstation writing. In the meantime I spin CDs on my CD player. I am a big fan of Mozart and Vivaldi and since our Pope is a German in Italy I find it very appropriate to be listening to Mozart and Vivaldi. I have a set of Vivaldi concertos performed by the English Concert. Right now the Concerto for 2 Mandolins in G major is playing a very nice piece! We are in the first movement an allegro.

I have been listening to chants as well. I have two CDs. One CD is a recording of the Benedictine Monks of Santo Domingo De Silos and the other from the Schola Cantorum of Cologne. It does really put one into a contemplative frame of mind.

I have put away the Mozart Requiem sometime ago. It received a lot of playing time a couple weeks ago with the Terri Schiavo murder and the passing of Pope John Paul II.
|