Sunday, March 27, 2005

I Got Published on TKS!

In response to a blog by Jim Geraghty I sent an e-mail note. He posted the note on his blog!

This is the blog formerly known as The Kerry Spot and is now simply called TKS and is run off of The National Review website.

Here it is:
TKS [ jim geraghty reporting ]
[ archives | email ]
SCHIAVO ROUNDUP [03/26 03:14 PM]

I wrote earlier that some people wondered if I had been Moby-ed – that is, whether the conservatives upset with Congressional action in the Sciavo [sic] case who e-mailed me were real Republicans, or liberals claiming to be upset righties.

Mary wrote in again, and I believe she’s the real deal. She noted she would prefer to find Republican primary challengers who were more dedicated to small-government ideals than to pull the lever for a Democrat.

Obviously, disgruntled conservatives like Mary are out there. Perhaps they are a factor in this odd poll result. (The Bush approval rating leaves me scratching my head. This is the lowest moment of the Bush presidency? Not Abu Ghraib? Not the worst moments of the Iraqi insurgency? Not the time of the Enron scandals, or the post-9/11 business slump? Or does Bush’s low poll numbers reflect that as things seem to be improving in Iraq, it lessens the ‘we’re at war, we have to rally-around the flag’ effect?)

Anyway, a sampling from the e-mailbag:

Marcus wrote in:
I view this as something the [libertarians] will forget about in due time. There is absolutely no purpose in leaving the conservative coalition. They will only succeed in getting Dems elected.

I too am quite shocked by the reaction of many on the right. I have been listening to Rush Limbaugh and he has been taking call after call after call from people who argue in support of Terri's husband in this matter. These are people who again start off by giving their conservative bona-fides at the start of the call. That always gives me cause to suspect but not in the volume Rush has been taking these calls.

. . . [other notes in response]


One never can tell what is going to be published by the big blogs! I hope Jim bothered to stop by Blogger Beer!
|