Thursday, August 11, 2005

What a Genius Rove Is!

Remember the hotlinking story? Where a participant at The Daily Kos hotlinked to another smaller site? Well, the smaller site after alerting everyone started to receive....hate-mail!

Apparently the Krazy Kos Kiddies (KKK) did not like it:
Another writer accused me of having "a right-wing site, cleverly disguised as a car site" (huh?) and "waiting in the bushes to pounce on The Daily Kos." Actually, I was aware of Kos' existence only because of the occasional mention on Instapundit. But I had never visited the site. I found out about the hotlinking when I checked my server logs - something I do very infrequently, since my site is not ad-driven.

At least three others labeled me as "another whiny Republican." Baloney. I didn't whine; I took action. Then I wrote about it. And tried to make the story funny and interesting.
Source: The View Through The Windshield - Siphoning My Bandwidth


So you see, it was all a plot by Karl Rove to embarrass the KKKs.

On a final note Joe says:
One final thought - based on the generally insipid responses of his 'disciples', Kos' unwillingness to meaningfully address a problem caused by his site, his failure to communicate with me directly and his apparent refusal to deactivate the hotlink, I certainly got it right by referring to Kos as a jerk.
Source: The View Through The Windshield - Siphoning My Bandwidth


Joe does say he received and accepted an apology from the actual hotlinker and considers the matter closed.
|