Thursday, July 19, 2007

An Irritation

I like to receive and send acknowledgments in response to communications sent to/from me. That way, the sender knows it was seen and understands the priority assigned by the recipient. When I send an e-mail the recipient does not have to act on the request right away, just to acknowledge it so I do not start to wonder if I have to approach someone else or escalate the request. I try to acknowledge all e-mails and when someone does something for me and lets me know I send a thank you to make sure they know I know they did it. Only one acknowledgment is required. You send me a note telling me you have done something, I return a thank-you and then I consider the matter closed and do not expect anything else on that topic.

It seems a fair amount of people do not do this.
|