Thursday, February 03, 2005

Charity & grim realities.

I do believe I wrote on this in the past but want to do so again.

The political parties espouse two different philosophies when it comes to charity (not surpising as they are two different political parties). Cain in Genesis asked "Am I my brother's keeper?" and God through the Bible answers YES.

Here is how I see my bretheren in the Republican Party answer the question. YES, but I am busy right now, I'll get back to you later. My Democrat bretheren say "Well, you see our government is my brother's keeper". Obviously the GOP answer is closer to the truth but is usually just lip service. The Democrat response is buck passing which is also dangerous to our liberty.

The left likes to say we brought 9/11 on ourselves. The ideological father of 9/11 Sayyed Qutb noted there was little social conscience in America and it was one of the reasons he hated America and what it stood for. In a nation such as ours it is important for the strong to help the weak, the fortunate to help the less fortunate, the rich the poor. If not, then we will lose our freedoms and the Government will one way or another force it on us or we as a nation will be destroyed.
|