Thursday, March 24, 2005

Frank Lasee Notes:

TORONTO - A letter from the Moncton Hospital to a New Brunswick heart patient in need of an electrocardiogram said the appointment would be in three months. It added: "If the person named on this computer-generated letter is deceased, please accept our sincere apologies.”

The UAE had a national healthcare system but as Spock would have said in the UAE: "While I might trust the UAE health system to remove a splinter or lance a boil, I would not trust it with anything more advanced than a broken bone." I had an extra health insurance policy just in case as did most of my colleagues. I also know of a case where appenicitis proved to be fatal a very sad story.

Actually here is what Spock said:
Spock: "While I might trust the doctor to remove a splinter or lance a boil, I do not believe he has the knowledge to restore a brain."
McCoy (slightly sarcastically): "Thank you."
|