Thursday, June 23, 2005

Keep Pushing.

My blog the other day about the Iraqi Terrorists being on the ropes was not clear enough. A regular reader JPE stated
You've just described rope-a-dope.


I do think the terrorists will continue to make headlines but they are on the way to insignificance. The only that will not happen is if we quit pushing.

In the movie Patton (which my reading indicates to me for the most part it is a very faithful depiction of the man) when the Germans mount the offensive known as the Battle of the Bulge, Patton states the war was not yet decided. My guess is most high level commanders were fairly confident of the outcome, but it was just a favorable probability and not a certainity.

Many people will tell you very seriously the USSR was going to fall it was just a matter of when. I say rubbish to that, it took pushing for the keeper of the real gulags to collapse.
|