Sunday, February 05, 2006

Wow Wow Whoa!

A horror hit the Philippines. A stampede occurred at Manila's Ultra Stadium as people were trying to secure entrance to the venue for the 1 Year Anniversary edition of the game show WowWowWee.

Details are in this BBC News Story.

Last count reported was 73 dead and about 300 injured (mostly minor injuries). We are all saddened by the horror and pray for those who were killed in the crush.

Going to a WowWowWee show was one of the things on our to do list. However, we (i.e. The Empress and Myself) did not get around to going to WowWowWee but my brother-in-law and nieces (all residing in Canada), and my sister-in-law (residing in Manila) did make a show. We even saw them on the TV, it was real cool.

Prelim reports point the finger at a poor design of the venue and my guess is inadequate crowd control by the authorities on the scene are going to be tagged as the cause of this horror.

WowWowWee is a fun show to watch and I like it because some parts of the show move slowly enough I can make out the questions (which are in Tagalog) but the main reason I like WowWowWee are for all of the jiggles! ;-) I hope all concerned can pick up the pieces and carry on with the show.
|