Thursday, April 13, 2006

Treat Us Right.

Owen at Boots and Sabers is putting up with the wrath of another state politician. Before it was Terri McCormick and now it is Paul Bucher's campaign.

For the benefit of politicians who need to interact with bloggers. This is not a plea to kiss our you know whats, quite simply even the biggest and best of us do not command enough of the electorate's attention to be any sort of kingmaker (despite one lefty blogger's assertions). Still, we are in a position to help.

However, be what all normal people expect of each other: considerate. Realize we may not actually support your candidacy and it is not our job to do so. Nor, for most of us, is it our job to be objective. I don't blog so I can be neutral, I blog to get my views out to the public.

Also, do not expect us that we are going to be 100% consistent over time. Are your views the same now as they were two years ago? I hardly doubt it, why would a blogger's views be 100% the same over time?

In short, don't kiss up (Gregg Underheim didn't kiss up to me, but he let me know he was not happy with something I wrote but he didn't get into personal or petty attacks) but be considerate especially to those in a position to offer you a hand!
|