Wednesday, August 03, 2005

CCAP.

There is a move in the state legislature to restrict access to CCAP.

I have mostly negative feelings about this. Those records are public records and for small businesses, startups, and non-profits CCAP is a valuable aid in helping them to make sure the people being hired or brought on to help are good people. For instance you are looking for someone that will be handling large amounts of cash you want to make sure they are honest with money. CCAP them and make sure they do not have any financial crimes in their past.

Of course the recent scandal known as Needle-aquitick some of us in the WI Blogosphere CCAPed the instigator of that scandal, including yours truly. Kevin at Lakeshore Laments did not do so, but I did and so did others. Why? I just wanted to see what sort of person the instigator was. Did I learn something from that? Yes, was it relevant? Without further investigation it is hard to say, but I want to say no.

I reported on my findings in a general fashion and did not give any direct links to the search.
|