Sunday, August 28, 2005

What Happened?

Earlier today for a reason I can not recall I tried to go read Michael Yon's The Gates of Fire blog. Now, if you follow the link you are taken to a Google cached copy of the The Gates of Fire not Michael's original edition.

The Gates of Fire is missing from Michael Yon's site. Why? What happened?

A couple of blogs prior he talked about the seeming lack of reason why the Army publicizes and not publicizes events and happenings. He also talked about toeing the line less with that guidance.

Post Script: The operation has begun. The Commander of Deuce Four, LTC Erik Kurilla, was shot three times in combat yesterday in front of my eyes. Despite being seriously wounded, LTC Kurilla immediately rejoined the intense and close-quarter fight that ended in hand-to-hand combat. LTC Kurilla continued to direct his men until a medic gave him morphine and the men took him away. I was right there. When I returned to base, I was actually "ordered" not to write about the fighting until given clearance, and was told that my phones could be confiscated. I will ignore such "orders" at my own discretion. I am preparing a dispatch now.
Source: Michael Yon - Proximity Delays


Did some Army officer order Michael to drop that dispatch? How sad when the NYT claims of how we have no heroes fighting the good fight (ironic too) and the Army seems to cover it all up.

In any event, this djini is out of the bottle and use the Google Link above to see the story.

Update: 8/29/2005: The blog is back. Have not checked to see if it is different or anything is missing.
|