Monday, October 17, 2005

Time Out.

By the Dave Brubeck Quartet is supposedly a hallmark in music history. It was the first jazz instrumental album to sell over one million copies.

The big song off of the album is Take Five and I think most people (especially those of more advanced age would recognize it). I first heard it as interlude music on a public broadcasting channel on DirecTV between shows and I can not recall where or how I pinned down the performing artists (again probably on Public Radio since IIRC it was a story on the songs unusual time signature. That signature also makes it a musical oddity).

Anyway, I recently obtained the piece and really enjoy it. It isn't the saxophone that makes the piece so interesting to listen to but the drums and the piano. Those who know me and hang with me will sooner or later hear this song. If you don't know &/or hang with me seek it out!
|