Tuesday, May 23, 2006

William Jefferson (D-Louisiana).

Oh my. What's this, William Jefferson (D-Louisiana) is caught with marked bills, bills marked by the FBI in a corruption scandal.

The investigation became public on Aug. 3 when FBI agents raided Jefferson's homes in New Orleans and Northeast Washington, where they found about $90,000 in cash in his freezer, law enforcement sources have said. They also raided five other locations, including the Kentucky and New Jersey offices of iGate Inc., a high-tech firm that has become central to the investigation, along with a house in Potomac owned by Atiku Abubakar, the vice president of Nigeria.
Source: The Washington Post - The Legal Woes Of Rep. Jefferson


I can see it now:

To: you@domain.net
from: Dolly Jefferson <djefferson@419scam.net>
Re: I Need a Trustworthy Confidant


Dear You,

My uncle Rep. William Jefferson (D-Louisiana) was recently arrested for curruption in the United States. While working out deels vice president Abubakr of Nigeria. In his dealings my uncle received $121 million (one hundred twenty one million US Dollars). Unfortunately my uncle was arrested but most of the money he received is still here in Nigeria.

I am contacting you because I know you are discreet and are interested in receiving a 25% share of the wealth if you will help us transfer this sum to the US. Please contact us and DO NOT TELL ANYONE we need bank accounts in the states to transfer the money into and hope we can use yours as an intitial destination.

Yours trooly

Dolly Jefferson
|