Tuesday, January 22, 2008

This is Why...

I was never convinced of Fred Thompson.

FWIW, I would like to see Fred Thompson as president he seems to be the best of the lot, but I never really believed he was serious about it. He said he was a candidate and seemed to act as if there was plenty of time to do all the stuff needed to win the job.

Fred Thompson has the ideology to be a great president however it seems to me he is sorely lacking in executive skills and ability. I think he was angling to serve as vice president all along, then he is set up for his own presidency.

This segues into the the fight over McCain & Huckabee. Quite a bit of talk is being broadcast, ink being applied to paper, bits sent over the fibers & wires about conservatives and McCain and Huckabee.

The conservatives are not particularly happy with John McCain and Mike Huckabee and I am not at all unsympathetic to that viewpoint. Right now the argument seems to be between the pragmatists and the principled and please do not read disdain for either camp by the terminology I use.

One talk show host I listen to (unfortunately for I consider him an a blithering idiot) is most in favor of Ron Paul, however this guy tells us a online voter guide indicates Dennis Kucinich is ideal for his views (duh!), but is now coming out for John McCain. Blithering Idiot makes one good point and that is one based on pragmatism. John McCain is currently the only one who beats Hillary Clinton in national polling. Now, the principled say what's the difference?

Here it is the American Conservative Lifetime rating for John McCain is 82.3. For Hillary: it is 9.0 for Barak Obama the rating is 8.0.

Now, I grant most everyone McCain is not the ideal candidate, but according this Washington Post editorial, Fred's ACU lifetime rating is 86.1, that is not too much more than McCain's ratings.

I wonder if those very much opposed to a McCain or a Huckabee would be okay with them if they took on Fred Thompson? I think is why he has yet to endorse anyone.

The only Republican who would have me think of skipping the vote for president is Mike Huckabee terrible on taxes, terrible on spending, terrible on foreign affairs, say what you want about John McCain he has the foreign affairs pretty well nailed down.

Labels:

|