Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Strange Linking Sighted & a Welcome!

I perform searches on "Blogger Beer" from time to time. I do this to try to gauge how popular this digital scratch pad is. Last night while doing that search I came across the most amazing link to Blogger Beer.

Dead tree publications (aka paper) have to come to publishing on the Internet as well as on dead tree and typically they have a listing of linked blogs somewhere or another on their website. Wisconsin Progressive Magazine is no different. Well Wisconsin Progressive Magazine chose to link to Blogger Beer! Hurray! Thank You Wisconsin Progressive Magazine!

Now comes the more sober part. Why have they chosen to link to Blogger Beer? When I visited the site I see I am the only conservative blog linked at least AFAIK, I recognized other blogs as being lefty blogs. Did they choose Blogger Beer because:

  • I present the keenest arguments and case for conservative principals?

  • I present the weakest arguments and case for conservative principals?

  • They love my writing?

  • They think my musky-guide style of writing can be used to put down the conservative movement and principals?

  • They love my The Last Bit column for its humor and the poetry and marvel at a conservative who tries to write poetry
  • They hope my The Last Bit column wades into the rocky shores of political incorrectness and can use it to condemn conservatives and the movement?

  • Whatever?



Again I thank the Wisconsin Progressive Magazine for the link.

For the reader of Wisconsin Progressive Magazine who visits Blogger Beer let me tell you what you will find here. Blogger Beer is primarily about the interests of Marcus Aurelius and those interests are:

  • The promotion of conservative politics on local, state and national levels.

  • My Photography

  • Poetry

  • Humor and satire

  • Analysis of events overseas as well as local

  • Whimsy and silly

  • Occasional rants, diatribes and lectures trying to motivate people to charitable and volunteer action

  • And so on.



At times I may be a little biting but I try to be fair and reasonable and provided the commentary I respond to is reasonable I reciprocate. But I will call Eight-balls what they are, eight-balls!

Thanks for reading Blogger Beer!
|