Monday, April 04, 2005

Tomorrow's Vote.

I have blogged on the Underheim vs. Burmaster race enough with the latest entry being from yesterday.

One more thing on the ballot that I am watching and it is in the City of Appleton. I live in Grand Chute so will not be voting on this.

Should the city ban smoking in places of employment. Yes or No? I say it should be NO. Most places of employment already ban smoking in the workplace and one place I know of doesn't even allow it outside of the building, they want you leave entirely or to smoke in your car.

Why no? The primary businesses going to be affected by this vote are the bar and restaurant industry in Appleton. Come one! You can't smoke in a bar? Pretty soon you will not allowed to drink in one either. It should be up to the owner of the business.

Downtown Appleton has Lombardi's in the Paper Valley Hotel. They have a fine bar and serve cigars as well as the usual drinks. Does this now shut down their cigar service? Yes it does and this is a travesty. While I am not going to go into, I suspect the science behind "second-hand smoking" is policy driven and is of low quality.

Vote NO on the prohibition of smoking in the bars and restaurants of Appleton!
|