Sunday, May 08, 2005

Computer Professionals Going Political.

I have noticed that more and more of the people on the political scene are computer professionals.

It is an interesting thing. Part of this is no doubt due to the need for political groups to have a presence on the Internet and this also no doubt due to the rise of blogging. Computer pros have a lot more ability to setup a blog (and my guess is Blogger is too much for the computer-phobic) than a non-computer professional, so the early waves of bloggers are naturally going to be computer pros with political concerns.

I remember when I first started hanging out with the Outagamie County Republican Executive Committee I was asked by a member what my job was. I said "computer programmer" and the interrogator wondered what I knew about politics. I guess it is a natural reaction when everyone you know in political affairs is a lawyer, an accountant, an elected official and so on.

I know one of the two bloggers at Boots and Sabers is a computer pro, I am, I notice NZ Bear is one as well.

If you have a blog, what do you do for a living? Please leave your answer in the comments section.

Thanks
|