Friday, March 03, 2006

A Parent's Joy A Parent's Fear.

Owen isn't the only good writer in his family. His wife Wendy also write well. She contributes to the Badger Blog Alliance and comments frequently on Boots and Sabers.
I'm sitting at my desk wearing purple plastic clip on earrings and a purple plastic beaded necklace that complements my gem studded plastic crown. I'm waiting for my 5 year old daughter to return from her kitchen with my "drink," which turns out to be six yellow Magnetix hooked together and placed in a pink teacup. We sip our drinks together, my lemon juice and her greenberry juice, and when we're finished, she takes my cup from me and disappears to her kitchen to do the dishes. As I watch her bounce away, with her blue dangly clip on earrings and matching necklace, I can't help but smile. She and her siblings are the joy of my life. I love them so much it hurts. I truly do.


While I wait for her to return, I check out the news online and I see that there has been a press conference regarding the Steven Avery case. Steven Avery was released from prison after 18 years when DNA proved that he did not sexually assault the woman who identified him as her rapist all those years ago. Not long after his release, a woman, Teresa Halbach, went missing at his family's business. Evidence pointed to Avery, who was arrested, and he claimed it was a police conspiracy. Months later, last week, a teen relative of Avery's was questioned in regard to the case and admitted his involvement. According to the teen, the woman was tied to a bed, raped, stabbed, strangled, and shot. Then her body was mutilated and burned.
Source: Boots and Sabers - Good vs. Evil
Read the whole article. Owen is good enough he shares quite a few of his readers with me and now I say to you Blogger Beer reader GO FORTH AND READ Wendy's article!

On a related topic I just hear Wayne Laravee on WTMJ talk about this little situation we have up here. He sounded every bit as horrified as a proper person should be. He said it sounded straight out of a Truman Capote novel.
|