Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Unbelievable.


From the right: Rose (in the pink), Nini, Marlene, Romel, Romel's sister (Del), the husband of Romel's sister.

The last couple of days The Empress and myself were in the Philippines we (The Empress knew them from before) met this couple. They were from the Philippines but lived in Seattle WA and were back for a visit.

Now, while in Manila we stayed at the house of my sister-in-law's family. My sister-in-law is named Virginia aka Nini. Nini's business partner is named Romel and the couple from Seattle were his sister and her husband. I met them a day or two before we left and I sat down and had some coffee and chat with them, very nice, very easy to talk to. The last night we were in Manila they all came over (Romel and his wife, Romel's sister and her husband) and we sat down and all had a chat.

The fact they were from Seattle got us to thinking about the possibilities as I also have family in the Seattle area, so we could visit my aunt and uncle and visit these friends of the Empress's family.

This AM we received notice that Romel's sister passed away quite unexpectedly. Apparently she had some bug that morphed into walking pneumonia and by the time they realized what it was and got her to the hospital it was too late the pneumonia was already serious.

The picture above was taken five to six weeks ago and the woman who passed away is the second person from the left. Does that look like someone about to pass away from pneumonia?

Now I don't mean to be complaining Lord....
And I know you've got your reasons for each and everything you do...
But tonight outside my window, there's a lonesome sound
And I just can't keep from thinking 'bout the ones the wolves pulled down.
Source: Garth Brooks - Wolves


Please say a prayer for Ate Del.
|