Sunday, October 01, 2006

Music! Music Again!

One of the things I really like about the approach of winter is Christmas. Hehehe, on the actual holiday I have the adult misgivings. The guilt that one never gives in equality to what one gets, the inability to spend the amount of time one should spend with their loved ones etc. The search for the cash to buy the gifts, fill the gas tank, keep the home fires burning etc.

However, this is the only time of the year I listen to a couple of CDs I have one. I alluded to one of those in my previous blog. The CD I am talking about is a recording of Messiah by George Frideric Handel. In the Wikipedia entry they note it was typically performed in the Easter season but came to become a Christmas piece.

If you know (and are) your Christian faith and you have listened to the piece or read the work you note the majority of the work focuses on the Passion, death, resurrection and post resurrection of the life of Jesus. However the first portion of the work focuses on prior to and around his [i.e. the birth of Jesus] birth.

Still, I associate all of it very strongly with Christmas and look forward to being able to break it out again.
|