Monday, November 06, 2006

Twas The Night Before Election Day.

And my most important observations are centered on beer and on woman in Al-Ain who is lamenting the march of time.

What? What about tomorrow's elections? Whatever, my vote is in and I am not working polls or doing dialin' for votes. I'll leave work early go home hug my beautiful wife have dinner and go to Gary Tauchen's victory party. Wake up Wednesday morning and no matter what happens I am not partying or tearing my clothes, rolling in ashes, and donning sack cloth. Can the leftoids say the same thing? Of course, I will be disappointed if the GOP loses the house, the senate, the governorship, etc but I don't worship at the altar of leftist government. God's plans transcend Elephant and @$$.

IPA. India Pale Ale. What a wonderful beer, dub light its not and I forget that. I purchased a six pack tonight and thought "its just a six pack". Well, a six pack of good IPA is an 18er of dub light and a 12er of most other standard lager beers (i.e. your standard American, Canadian, or Australian beer, huh? Don't try to tell me the standard Canadian or Aussie beer is different than an American standard beer).

I was reading Am I Really This Crazy and Just a Mom says:
Somewhere along the way, I transformed from this bean pole giggly kid into the mom I am today - complete with stretch marks, grey hair and bags under my eyes. I cook every day, I clean and I spend my evenings at home talking about how tired I am. Meanwhile, she has morphed into this sex kitten complete with paid for boobs, a flat stomach and a boy friend. The friends in her photos are all young, thin ladies with colorful drinks in their hands, smiles on their faces and perfect eyeliner. I feel left out. I feel deserted and tossed aside. It is not her fault - not at all. I don't feel like she has done anything TO me; It just hit me that I am no longer 19 years old, you know? I don't remember life before kids. I don't remember what it feels like to know I am sexy or to know that I am wanted. When did this happen and why didn't I get the damn memo?
Source: Am I Really This Crazy - Becoming not me
Glory Be to The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirt; as it was in the beginning is as now and ever shall be world without end amen. Who reading this has not had similar thoughts? Come on, you know what I mean!

Isn't this what growing up is all about?
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
Source: Bible Gateway - I Corinthians 13:11-12
|