Sunday, February 25, 2007

There Goes the Neighborhood

While it is technically no longer my neighborhood since I no longer live there, but I grew up there and my parents still live there. I still have some sense of ownership in the northern regions of Whitelaw WI.

Sometime ago, I found on Flickr a couple from Milwaukee (so it seems) that bought land close to my parent's house and are planning to build a house on the lot. Well, it seems a couple of howling moonbats are moving in, there goes the neighborhood, not that there was much left anyway.

The old hay fields and woodlots in back of the house now are occupied with houses. At night looking out of my old room I see the lights of another house. I used to say hay fields and a fence row connecting two woodlots.

All things change.

Labels:

|