Thursday, April 07, 2005

Why I Believe. Part II.

Simple. Because I do.

It really isn't more complicated than that. No rationalization, no attempts to explain the existance of God via rational thought or experimentation. Mathematics, physics, biology, and philosophy do not enter the picture at all. I believe.

Do you believe the following: you will awake tomorrow morning? The sun will arise tomorrow monring? Your drive to work tomorrow will be boring and uneventful? The atomic theory of matter (the stuff your HS science teacher was talking about while you snoozed)? How about quantum mechanics? I bet you answered yes to each and every question and now I ask you why do you believe in your answers? What basis do you have for your belief? The belief in each one of your answers requires faith which is irrational. So irrationality in its proper sense is not a wholely bad thing.

It is hard for some people to believe in God. They say show me the proof of God's existance and I will believe.

Faith in our daily lives has vanished even in instances not relating to God. We are all skeptics and this is sad. A life without faith is a life of fear and smallness.

Matthew 17:20 says, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.
Source: The Greenwood Ministries. Though any Bible will contain the quote.

Have faith, be bold, be not afraid!
|